Thursday 6 January 2011

The worst player ever is...me

...Apparently. The worst week of my life on Stars. I've played my normal game, the same one that won me over 200 dollars in one session last week and now I can hardly put in a profitable session. I've kept up easily with the demands of making Supernova in terms of vpps, 2223 from 6 days but if i can't keep a bankroll together then that's not much good. Like so many things in life it's a marathon and not a sprint.

I could moan for hours about how i've run and already have done. Naturally when you put a ton of volume in (over 1000 sngs) you're going to lose in some sick spots, but i'm losing the same sick spots over and over again. I've been two and three outed more times than i care to remember. The main reason for my downswing is my inability to move up the money ladders in the 18 mans. I get into the money and crash out in 3rd or 4th. It's vital to be winning or at least finish 2nd enough to make profit and whether I have the best hand or not I just can't do that

My 3.40 stats:

Played 862

1st: 49
2nd:37
3rd:52
4th:69
5th:59
6th:57
7th:62

All of which means i'm down $340 or 100 buy ins and i'm pretty down. It's too easy to blame your luck and ignore the leaks in your game, but i'm pretty realistic about what i'm doing right or wrong. I have tweaked my game a little bit in the last few days and I started to see an improvement until a very nasty set today where i bubbled as much as i finished in the money. On the bubble or in the money i lost kq to kq, aj to aj, ak to ak, 55 to 22 and 88 to 66, not to mention pretty much every race. I've put my faith in volume and the variance evening out but that hasn't happened and now i'm left with 20 buy ins. 

So it remains for me to put my faith and money into micro stakes MTTs. They're where i've always made the majority of my money and if i can land it big in the next few weeks then I can start to look at sngs again, though perhaps not 18 mans. If not then i'll have to redeposit and start all over again.

As an aside I don't expect to run much better in the MTTs, I lost qq to 99 for 30k in the 4.40 turbo on sunday whilst simultaneously losing aa to kk for 12k in the 1/4 mil. But it's ok, because I was going to qualify for UKIPT Nottingham...O wait no my a3 has to lose to 10 9 on a a66 board. I wish I didn't have to be so bitter about my luck right now but when you can't win a hand, there's just nothing else left...

1 comment:

  1. "Poker is a combination of luck and skill. People think mastering the skill part is hard, but they're wrong. The trick to poker is mastering the luck."

    ReplyDelete